We believe that each child is a gift from God and that each child has a unique pattern of development within the broad framework of human growth and development.
At Little Scholars Academy (LSA) you can expect that your child will:
- Understand himself/herself and his/her world
- Learn how to work as an individual and with others
- Develop responsibility for self-expression
- Acquire skills and information for solving problems of everyday living
- Develop the desire for learning and creativity
- Grow in their faith as they learn about Jesus
- Understand and feel God’s love and acceptance
Preschool Tours can be scheduled Monday-Thursday from 9:15-11:30 am. Please call the Little Scholars Academy office at 770-920-9059 to schedule a tour.
School of Excellence
Little Scholars Academy is certified as a School of Excellence by the North Georgia Preschool Association through the Methodist Church Conference. To receive this certification, the school had to show extensive and thorough written adherence to guidelines that cover all aspects of our Preschool Program. Some of these areas include:
- Staff Requirements: Teachers are educated, dedicated to our preschool program, and have a love for working with young children. They must also take part in continuing education and training, including CPR and First Aid.
- Curriculum Criteria: Written curriculum that is based on early childhood development and developmentally appropriate activities is used. The unites include a planned sequence of skills and concepts based on the age of the child, a variety of materials, music and art, and activities that foster all areas of a child’s growth. This includes a Kindergarten readiness program for 4 year olds.
- Programs That Promotes Christian Values: Little Scholars Academy promotes these values and attitudes through example and direction.
- Fostering Communication: There is positive communication and a positive relationship with parents, students, the church and the community.
- DHR and Georgia Bright From the Start Guidelines: The program adheres to these guidelines for childcare and preschool programs.
Hours for all classes will be Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am until 1:00 pm.
For the safety and security of the children, all entrances will be locked before and during school hours.
Carpool begins at 8:45 am each morning. At dismissal, the school will begin carpool at 12:45 pm.
In regard to school closings and weather, we follow the Douglas County school system. Please consult local TV and radio stations for Douglas County school closings in inclement weather conditions. All teachers will attempt to contact students when they know the preschool will be closed due to inclement weather.
Registration & Fees
- 1 year old class – Tuesday, Thursday – $150 per month
- 2 year old class – Tuesday, Thursday – $150 per month
- 2 year old class – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – $170 per month
- 2 year old class – Monday-Thursday – $190 per month
- 3 year old class – Monday-Thursday – $190 per month
- 4 year old class – Monday-Thursday – $200 per month
- Mother’s Morning Out – Thursday – $20 each drop-off or $80 per month (for children 6 months up to 2 years old)
To register for LSA, please print out the Registration Forms and fill them out. Bring the completed packet along with the $150 registration fee to the school in order to be officially registered. Children will not be enrolled in the class until the paperwork is properly completed and submitted along with the registration fee. Parents will also be required to sign a COVID-19 Acknowledgement Form.