What is a “School of Excellence for Young Children”?
The Douglasville First United Methodist Church Preschool is certified as a School of Excellence by the North Georgia Preschool Association through the Methodist Church Conference. To receive this certification, the school had to show extensive and thorough written adherence to guidelines that cover all aspects of our Preschool Program. Some of these areas include:
- Staff Requirements: Teachers are educated, dedicated to our preschool program, and have a love for working with young children. They must also take part in continuing education and training, including CPR and First Aid.
- Curriculum Criteria: Written curriculum that is based on early childhood development and developmentally appropriate activities is used. The Units include a planned sequence of skills and concepts based on the age of the child, a variety of materials, music and art, and activities that foster all areas of a child’s growth. This includes a Kindergarten readiness program for 4 year olds.
- Facility Requirements:These include adequate indoor and outdoor space for all activities.
- Programs That Promotes Christian Values: The Douglasville FUMC program promotes these values and attitudes through example and direction.
- Policies and Procedures: Policies and Procedures exist for all aspects of the program and for the safety, supervision and health of the children.
- Fostering Communication: There is positive communication and a positive relationship with parents, students, the church and the community.
- DHR and Georgia Bright From the Start Guidelines: The program adheres to these guidelines for childcare and preschool programs.
If you are looking for the highest quality preschool for your child, please contact us today for a tour or to find out more. The Douglasville FUMC preschool program looks forward to hearing from you and serving your child!